- Improve their intellectual development by:
- Communicating their needs, ideas, and questions to other children and to adults
- Develop longer attention span and participate in longer group activities
- Engage in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities
- Develop language skills through:
- Better listening and improved communication skills
- Ability to understand and use language to communicate information, ideas, feelings, opinions, needs, questions and other purposes
- Progress in abilities to initiate and respond appropriately in conversation and discussions with peers and adults
- Progress in clarity of pronunciation and towards speaking in
sentences of increasing length and complexity
- Better their social and emotional skills by:
- Enjoying dramatic play with other children
- By sharing things with other students in the room
- Demonstrating knowledge of rules and the consequences of
- Enhance their Physical skills through:
- Engaging in group and individual play, riding tricycles, use blocks to build various things
- Ability to handle small objects
- Play with balls, jump horizontally, standing on one foot
Children at the preschool age are making developmental strides and express an interest in the world around them. They want to touch, taste, smell, hear, and test things for themselves.
They are eager to learn. They learn by experiencing and by doing. Preschoolers learn from their play. They are busy developing skills, using language, and struggling to gain inner control.
Preschoolers want to establish themselves as separate from their parents. They are more independent than toddlers. They can express their needs since they have greater command of language.
The PARROT ROOM is designed to provide multiple experiences for children to learn in a safe and caring environment.
Major Learning Outcomes and Skills:
The Curriculum for this age group is carefully designed to provide a nurturing environment for children to observe, question, and explore the world in a planned setting. Our teachers work with children every day for their overall development and growth.